Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2010 with an intake of 60 students. Today the intake is enhanced to 180 students. Department of mechanical Engineering is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and certified by Indian Standard organization (ISO 2015). Department of Mechanical Engineering is providing training in different fields of specialization to get employment immediately after the graduation. Mechanical Engineering students excelled in getting VTU ranks and participated & presented many Technical Competitions inside and outside the state and won many prizes. Students visit Core industries in every semester, Internship to all students arranged in vacation by the department.
The department is supported by well experienced and qualified faculties. The department emphasizes on high quality teaching and training in the laboratory. Around 98 percent results being continuously achieved in both the theory and practical examinations of VTU. The department houses state of the art laboratory equipped with sophisticated equipment as stipulated by university
To impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering by developing core competencies and global professionalism.
M1. Empower students with domain knowledge and practical skills by competent faculty and infrastructure.
M2. Adopt student-centric learning techniques to enhance analytical and problem solving skills.
M3. Develop communication, personal, interpersonal, leadership skills and societal values to be global professionals.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEO1: Apply the acquired knowledge in core and allied subjects of Mechanical Engineering to assimilate, design, analyze and create innovative products and services incorporating safety, sustainability and cost effectiveness.
PEO2: Be self-directed and research oriented keeping abreast of the advancements of Mechanical Engineering concepts and technology to resolve application level issues.
PEO3: Exhibit competency, leadership, entrepreneurship, inter-personal skills, thrust to lifelong learning consistently with utmost concern for socio-technological, cultural and global environment.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
PSO 1: An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, materials and manufacturing technology to identify, formulate and solve industry related problems.
PSO 2: An ability to apply the principles of design, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, mechatronics and CAD / CAM tools to conceptualize and realize the physical systems and processes.
PSO 3: An ability to develop professional competency in manufacturing, power plants and production industry in the context of operations and maintenance.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Dr.Suneelkumar N Kulkarni
Professor & HOD
The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2010-2011 and at present the department has an annual intake of 180 students. Presently the department is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The faculty to student ratio is 1:15. Mechanical Engineering emphasizes on Design, Materials Science Engineering, Production Enginering & Thermal Engineering, and also interdisciplinary areas like CAD /CAM/CAE, Automation, Operational Research, Total Quality Management, Mechatronics, Finite Element Analysis Managerial Aspects of Industry, etc.
The department emphasizes on high quality teaching and training in the laboratory. The department is supported by well experienced and qualified faculties . The department houses state of the art laboratory equipped with sophisticated equipment as stipulated by university
One of the Earliest, Evergreen and Versatile branches of Engineering that applies the principles of Engineering,Physics and Mechanics.