The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established at the Cambridge Institute of Technology in 2007 with an approved intake of 60 students. The department runs under graduate programme Electronics and Communication Engineering. The department is recognized by AICTE and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) Belgaum, with current intake of 180. It has a broad based UG curriculum, which offers a unique mix of electrical, electronics and computer related courses enabling the students to take-up a professional career / higher studies in any of these areas.
The main focus of the department is to evolve as a Centre of excellence in the field of electronics and communication engineering and to contribute towards the betterment of society. The Vision of our department is to impart high quality academic and research programs in the field of electronics and communication engineering by regular updating of research and development skills among the faculty members & students to meet the requirements of industry and society. The department is doing its best efforts to meet the objective of achieving technical excellence in all areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
To impart quality and responsive education in the field of electronics and communication engineering for the holistic development of students to meet the global challenges.
Key words: Quality and Responsive Education, Holistic Development, Global challenges
M1. Adopt integrated approach in teaching – learning pedagogy supported by necessary infrastructure.
M2. Conduct appropriate programs and activities to enhance analytical and problem solving skills.
M3. Impart domain knowledge and inculcate the traits of professional competencies.
Program Educational Objectives PEO
Graduates will be:
1. Successful professionals in electronics and communication Engineering.
2. Engaged in higher studies, research and entrepreneurship.
3. Able to enhance the communication, leadership, teamwork and multidisciplinary skills.
4. Able to Demonstrate Knowledge and understanding of Management principles, evaluate economic and financial performance of engineering Activity.
5. Able to demonstrate Professional Engineering Regulations, Standards and Ethical Principles for Sustainable Environmental development.
Program Specific Outcomes PSOs
(Key words: Circuit and Communication, VLSI and Embedded systems, Multidisciplinary.)
Graduates will be able to:
1. Design and simulate Electronics & Communication systems using concepts and relevant tools of electronic circuits.
2. Apply appropriate technologies and tools for implementation of VLSI and Embedded systems.
3. Apply Programming Skills, Multimedia techniques and Network Security principles for Multidisciplinary applications
Program Outcomes (PO’s):
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability
to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of
Dr. G. Indumathi
B.E., M.Tech Ph.D
Professor and HOD
The Department strength is the faculty with rich experience in teaching. Faculty members work for overall development of students, Mentor them with discipline,good attitude and also train them for good academic performance. The Department provides a learning platform for students to enhance their skills. It regularly conducts Workshops, Seminars and Certification programs to make them employable in both Core and I.T. Companies. The Shannon Forum is a student driven association and the students enjoy conducting and participating in Technical, extracurricular activities and sports. Industry visit, Mini project,Academic projects are important student activities which are conducted for unique identification of E.C.E student.
Students of E.C.E are encouraged through awards and felicitation of their academic, sports and extracurricular achievements.
Highlights of Department of E.C.E (NBA Accredited)
One of the preferred and best branch, with excellent Teaching and learning platform.
Highly experienced, Dynamic faculty team and highly skilled Technical staff to provide quality education.
Hands-On experience in full-fledged Labs with inputs on Electronics and software as per needs of industries.
Internship support and Industry visit.
R & D facility for Miniprojects, Academic Projects and involvement of
students in research.
Industry associations with MOU’s from different companies like Technilabs,
Texas Instruments, Edgate etc.
Innovation Labs for workshop, Hobby projects, Technical competitions.
Certification courses for Employment opportunities
A Broad based UG curriculum ,which offers an unique mix of Electrical,Electronics and Computer related Courses.