ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY:
- All Students and Staff members of the college are eligible to become the member of the library.
- Library membership forms are available at library circulation counter.
- To avail the library facilities, students and staff members should sign in the login register, which is kept in the library entrance.
- All library users are requested to keep their personal books, bags and other belongings at the property counter near entrance.
- Entry to Library is not permitted without ID card. Carrying & using mobile phones inside the library is completely prohibited inside the library.
- Reference Books, Journals. Newspapers, Magazines should not be taken outside the Library.
LIBRARY CARDS / BOOKS:
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Books will be issued to the card holders only, on producing the Library membership card / College Id. Card.
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Library users are strictly prohibited to take the borrowed/issued books again inside the Library.
- Book reservation facility is available for library users in library OPAC. The users can reserve the issued books by login into the library OPAC. The reserved books will be kept in circulation counter for one day, after that next reserved user will get the book.
- Books borrowed from the library are to be returned on or before the due date (14 days).
- On the expiry of due date, Rs.5/- per day per book will be charged till the return date. Absence to the college is not accepted as excuse for non-payment of overdue charge.
- If the due date falls on college holiday, the book may be returned on the next working day, without overdue charge.
- If students fail to return the books within the stipulated period, such students’ library membership will be cancelled for certain period.
LOSS OF LIBRARY BOOKS:
- Loss of library book must be brought to the notice of the librarian immediately in writing.
- Borrower can replace the book with new copy (same book, same edition, etc.) along with the invoice, and processing charge Rs.100.
- If the borrower fails to replace the book, he/she has to pay the double the cost of the book and processing charge Rs.100.
- If notification is made after the overdue of the book, the borrower will also be responsible for the overdue charge.
- If a book lost is belonging to a set, the borrower will be charged for replacement of the entire set.
CARE FOR LIBRARY MATERIALS:
- Library books, Journals and other reading/reference materials are costly and often rare to replace. They are for the benefit of not only the present but also for the future members of the library. Therefore, they should be used with great care and consideration.
- Before leaving the library, the member should satisfy himself/herself as to whether the library material lent to him/her is in good condition. If not, he/she should immediately bring the matter to the knowledge of the circulation counter staff. Otherwise he/she is liable to be held responsible for the replacement of the material or pay such compensation as fixed by the librarian.
- Mutilation and disfiguring of pages of library materials by ink or pencil marks are prohibited.
- Photocopy of the books is prohibited.
- Please avoid keeping the books open on the table, or putting with their faces down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages.
- Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Borrowed books should be protected from rain, dust, mist & insects.
- Library books are the property of the library and are to be returned before the examinations.
- Dues, if any, should be paid and a No-Due certificate (NDC) should be obtained from the Librarian before the examination commences.
- Maintain silence, keeping in mind that the library is a place for individual study not for group discussions.
- Do not allow refreshments or foodstuff of any kind shall be either carried or consumed inside the library.
- Please switch off your mobile phone inside the library.
- Laptops are allowed inside the library only for academic purposes.
- You are requested to leave the book on the reading table after use.
- Please switch off unwanted lights, fans & help in saving electricity