M.A. Economics, Ph.D. Economic
Research Interest/Consulting area
Macro Economics and policy -Specialisation, Research Methodology in Social Sciences, Managerial Economics, Indian Economics, Statistics and Empirical verifications.
Managerial Economics, Indian Business Environment Business Research Methods
Positions held/Associated with
- Dean – Research, Prof & Head, P.G. & Research Dept of Economics.
- Dean of Arts – Guru Nanak College Chennai
- Prof & Head, MBA, MVJ College of Engineering
- Director, CMR Center for Business Studies
- Professor, MBA, Dept, Cambridge institute of Engineering
Also teaches/taught at
- IIT Chennai
- Maharshi Institute for Management Studies, Chennai
- University of Bombay
His qualifications include M.A in Economics (University of Madras), PhD (University of Mumbai).He has worked as faculty at Guru Nanak College, Chennai, MVJ college of Engineeing, Bangalore, CMR Centre for Business Studies, Bangalore. Since 2011, he has been associated with Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore teaching Economics, Human Resources and Research Methods.
He has more than 4 decades of experience in academics.
More than 50 Research Papers (National and International) in his credit and has chaired national and international conferences. Delivered Key note address in few national and international conferences.
He has produced 6 PhD’s and Guiding M.Phil and Ph.D students under Madras University, Christ University and Jain University.
Associations with eminent personalities
- Under Dr. Manmohan Singh, President IEA Served as – Executive member IEA
- Served as a Treasurer TIES with Presidents TIES: DR. C. Rangarajan, then Governor RBI , Chairman Advisory Council to Dr Manmohan Singh (Ex PM)
- Dr. V. R. Panchamukhi then Director General Saarc and Non Aligned countries, Chancellor, Vidya Peet Deemed University, Tirupati, currently Chancellor, Sankrit University, Mantralayam.
- Served as a Secretary TIES Under the President ship of:
- Dr. Atul Sarma – Member Finance Commission.
- Dr. Kirit Parikh – Member Planning Commission.
- Tamil-Nadu State Planning Commission
Popular Invited lectures /meeting
- Macro-Economic Model for Policy Formulation: A Survey. Invited Lecture, I.I.T, Bombay 1998.
- Forecasting: Theory and Practice in Social Sciences, Resource person for Academic staff College, Ambedkar University, Muzzaffarpur, Bihar Oct 2000.
- Globalization and Growth : A Fact or Fiction, Resource Person, Academic Staff College University of Madras, September 2006
- Emerging Issues in the Teaching of Econometrics, Panel Discussion, TIES Conference, MS University, Baroda, Jan 2002.
- Causes and Consequence of Privatisation in the Indian Economy, ICFAI, Oct 2004, Chennai.
- Micro Finance and Inclusive Growth. Panel Discussion; International conference- Innovative Management Strategies, Jan 5 -7 , 2012, Don Bosco Group of Institutions, Bangalore.
- 9th Plan Discussion meeting at Research and Information Systems(RIS) New Delhi,(Eminent personalities Like-Dr Manmohan Singh, Dr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Dr.V.R. Panchamukhi, Dr.C .Rangarajan and the like, Attended the meeting) April 5 -7,1999.
Life member of
- India Economic association (IEA)
- Indian Society for Agricultural Economics (IAE)
- Indian Labour Economic Association (ILE)
- The Indian Econometric Society (TIES)
- Economic Association of Tamil Nadu
- Bihar Economic Association.